Laura Ellis, organist
The concert is free and open to the public.
Saturday, October 7, 2023
6:00 p.m. – Punchbowl
6:30 p.m. – Dinner & Meeting
7:30 p.m. – Concert
First Presbyterian Church
800 Scott St.
Little Rock, AR 72201-4614
Laura Ellis is Associate Director and Professor in the School of Music at the University of Florida. She teaches courses in Sacred Music and applied lessons in organ, harpsichord, and carillon. Ellis holds the DMA in organ performance and the MM in Church Music from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree is from Luther College, Decorah, IA. Her primary teachers have been James Higdon, William Kuhlman, and Eileen Nelson Ness. Active in the American Guild of Organists (AGO), Ellis served as Regional Councillor for the Southeast for three terms and is currently Dean of the Gainesville chapter.
The Central Arkansas Chapter meets once a month, September through May, for dinner, business meeting and a concert. These meetings are a time for fellowship, to visit with old friends, to make new friends, and to enjoy the performances of world-class artists. Our recitals are free, open to the public, and made possible by the support of our members, chapter friends, and program sponsors.
Now is the time to join, or renew your membership of, the Central Arkansas Chapter of the American Guild of Organists. If you are an organist, church musician, or love the organ and its music, support our mission by joining us today. Memberships run from July 1 to June 30.
- Open to all organists, choral directors, and other individuals who support the mission of the Guild.
- Voting members are affiliated with the Central Arkansas Chapter and participate in all National and local activities and elections.
- Voting members are eligible for certification exams, and all insurance plans.
- Voting members receive a 12-month subscription to The American Organist magazine.
- Voting members receive the chapter newsletter and a copy of the chapter yearbook.
- Membership is available at reduced rates to those age 65 or older, under 21, the disabled, and full-time students.
- Dual memberships are available for those who wish to be involved in more than one local chapter.
- Chapter Friends are affiliated with the Central Arkansas Chapter and support the chapter with their dues.
- Chapter Friends participate in all activities of the Central Arkansas Chapter with the exception of elections.
- Chapter Friends receive the chapter newsletter and a copy of the chapter yearbook.
- Chapter Friend memberships are available to all who are not organists or choral conductors.
Please join us today by filling out a membership form and mailing it, along with your dues, to the address printed on the form, or visit the AGO ONCARD website to pay your dues online.
CACAGO is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible.